Fruitport Lions Club
The Fruitport Lions Club was sponsored in 1948 by the Muskegon Host Club. Thirty five members strong, they embarked on a journey of service to those in need. Original membership was comprised of citizens and business owners in Fruitport. Industrialists to dairymen, a dentist and an insurance salesman all united toward the goals of Lionism. Present day members can trace relatives and family friends to the original group. The Fruitport Lions Club has a track record of community support in addition to state and international projects.