November 27, 2023, 11:00am - 12:00pm
Classes, Educational, Fitness & Health, Food & Beverage, Free, Library, Meeting
Join us for an hour introduction session in “Positive Psychology.” (Free) This event will be available through Zoom as well.
Butterfield Library is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Introduction to Positive Psychology
Time: Nov 27, 2023 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 878 3577 5937
This workshop will take you on an exciting journey of discovering the benefits of Positive Psychology.
Positive Psychology is a new and fast growing sub-science of general psychology that focuses on human flourishing. It offers scientific tools and strategies to increase happiness and wellbeing.
1. Introduction to Positive Psychology-history, scientific findings
2. Positive Psychology and wellbeing-influence on different levels of wellbeing, main measuring test (PERMA example, explanation)
3. Positive Psychology Interventions - examples
-Three blessings exercise - in practice, results, benefits
- Character Strengths - identifying your main (signature) character strengths, understanding their role in work and interpersonal relationships
-Positive Emotions through Art (Photo as an example) -results of the research, benefits - important factors in strong communities, building "social capital", collective networks and bonding.
4. Positive Psychology Coaching-main principles, comparing with analysis and therapy, benefits for individuals and groups.
1.Obtaining knowledge about Positive Psychology (PP) : importance of personal wellbeing and its connection with personal/work-related relationships and achievements.
2. Learning about signature character strengths and understanding their benefits: obtaining skills on how to use your strengths in various situations -personal and work related.
3. Learning how to use main PP tests to check your state of wellbeing.
4. Being able to use a few practical Positive Psychology interventions to increase positive emotions, improve engagements and build positive relationships.
Natasha Shaginian, MD
Natasha is a psychiatrist and received her medical training in Moscow. She holds a Master’s degree in Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology (MAPPCP) from the University of East London. Natasha has worked extensively as a Positive Psychology Specialist with individuals and various groups in both the nonprofit and corporate world www.positivechange.today
She is a researcher and an international speaker. Natasha creates Positive Psychology projects in different parts of the world. Her recent innovative project ‘Positive Emotions Through Photography’ was presented in London in January 2023 with Dr. Martin Seligman, the founder of Positive Psychology. Natasha is the founder of international foundation Life in Motion International www.lifeinmotion-charity.org which supports special needs children to realize their dream to walk. The charity helps these kids get prosthetics, orthopedic treatment and become independent.
“Mental Health is both my passion and my profession. I am continuously searching for new elements within this arena and including them in my practice. I am very excited to introduce you to the fascinating world of Positive Psychology and its influence on our well-being.”
November 27, 2023
11:00am - 12:00pmAdd to Calendar
Julia L. Butterfield Memorial Library