Experience how easy it can be learning to knit through our structured, interactive, social knitting group. Perfect for true beginners or those looking for an easy refresh project. Different intermediate skills will be introduced on a project by project basis. Set up as a 2-day class. There is a chance this class will transition to in-person, where masks will be required. Registrants will be notified either way.
Project: Small Placemat
The placemat in the picture measure 10X13 inches
Approximate time required: 2 Classes of 1h and 30 min. (It may be required to knit a little bit in between classes, depending on individual speed and beginning level and if familiar or not with the needle/yarn handling).
- One pair of knitting needles n.7
- 2 skeins of cotton yarn for needles size US 7 (In the picture: Peaches & Cream-Original, you can find it in Walmart)
- One crochet hook approximate size H/8 (or suitable for the yarn size we are using). The crochet hook is useful to help correct mistakes, like when you have a dropped stitch to pick up and to wave in ends.
- Measuring tape (in case also a ruler would work fine)
- Suggested: Knitting stitch markers rings (at least 6)
- Suggested: Tapestry needle suitable for knitting projects (metal or plastic) to easily wave in ends or add decorations.
Skills and information you will learn:
Type of yarn and care
Type of knitting needles and useful accessories for knitting
Join in yarn
Basket wave pattern
Pick up dropped stitches
Weave in ends